Where To Find This Example
Select Help > Open Examples... from the menus and type either the example name listed above or one of the keywords below.
Or in Version 13 or higher you can open the project directly from this page using this button. Make sure to select the Enable Guided Help before clicking this button.
5G EVM and ACPR Analysis
This example demonstrates EVM and ACPR measurements for a 5G link similar to the Verizonn preliminary 5G specifications for 28GHz operation (http://www.5gtf.org/). The link includes a FBMC modulator and demodulator, linear preamplifier, phase noise model, and a nonlinear power amplifier.
This example shows:
- FBMC modulator/demodulator configured to occupy 100MHz with 75kHz subcarrier spacing
- Phase noise model specified as data file
- Behavioral nonlinear amplifier model
- ACPR vs PA input power measurement
- EVM vs PA output power measurement
- AM to AM, instantaneous power and operating point measurements
VSA named "EVM_FBMC" controls the power sweep. In this case, the FBMC modulator output power is swept from -12 to 12 dBm at 2dBm steps. The progression of transmit spectrum, PA output spectrum, and received IQ constellation can be observed while the simulation is running.
For details of the waveforms, please refer to the help file:
Help > VSS System Block Catalog > Communication Standards > FBMC