To run this script
Select Script → Configuration → Check Dongle Type from the Menus.
Or in Version 13 or higher you can run the utility directly from this page using this button.
Please note that this particular script is only available in V13.02 or later.
This script determines the type of a license dongle. The output of the script is a text file called Dongle_Detector_Log_SN_XXX.txt" where XXX corresponds to the license serial number being used. More details on why it matters what type a dongle is can be found here: HASP4 No Longer Supported After V13
The method the script uses to detect the type of a flex license dongle requires that only one dongle be plugged at a given time when the key is checked.
- Insert a single license dongle
- Press the Check Key button on the dialog. It may take a little while to run.
- Repeat this for every dongle you wish to check. Dongles and their types will be added to the checked dongle list.
- Click Finish when you are done.
- It will generate a text file that contains all of the dongles and their types next to the project it was run from.
Below is a sample log file from the script.