To run this utility in V13+, enable guided help (Help > Enable Guided Help), download the project and then run the script using the buttons below.
Or download and open this project, and run the script manually (Scripts > Check License Dongle > Check Dongle Type)
This script determines the type of a license dongle. The output of the script is a text file called Dongle_Detector_Log_SN_XXX.txt" where XXX corresponds to the license serial number being used. More details on why it matters what type a dongle is can be found here: HASP4 No Longer Supported After V13
The method the script uses to detect the type of a flex license dongle requires that only one dongle be plugged at a given time when the key is checked.
- Insert a single license dongle
- Press the Check Key button on the dialog. It may take a little while to run.
- Repeat this for every dongle you wish to check. Dongles and their types will be added to the checked dongle list.
- Click Finish when you are done.
- It will generate a text file that contains all of the dongles and their types next to the project it was run from.
Below is a sample log file from the script.