Where To Find This Example
AWR Version 14
Select Help > Open Examples... from the menus and type either the example name listed above or one of the keywords below.
Or you can open the project directly from this page using this button. Make sure to select the Enable Guided Help before clicking this button.
AWR Version 13
This example is not available for AWR Version 13 or earlier.
LTE FDD Downlink TX Test Bench
This example demonstrates an LTE FDD Downlink test bench, compliant with 3GPP specifications documents TS 36.104, TS 36.211, TS 36.212. The test bench allows user to configure the LTE downlink signal source and channel characteristics. The receiver is configured automatically to match the settings used in the transmitter.
Some of the signal parameters that the user can change include:
• Signal level, SIGPWR_dBm, which is swept by the BER_EXT.BER_PDSCH block
• Number of resource blocks, N_RB_DL
• Carrier Frequency (MHz)
• Modulation and coding scheme, MCS, and the corresponding table, MTBST, as specified in the LTE specifications
• Mapping and precoding scheme, MPMode
• Number of layers, NumLayers, and number of codewords, NumCodewords; these two parameters will be reduced to the maximum values allowed by MPMode
• Samples per symbol used in the oversampling of the transmitted signal, SmpSym
• Modulation table used, Qm or Qm', as defined in the specifications
• Number of available PRBs; this parameter depends on the N_RB_DL, number of subcarriers per resource block (12), and the portion of the 14 OFDM symbols in an LTE time slot
The test bench can be used to monitor various measurements. The following measurements are predefined:
• The signal spectra at various points
• IQ constellation of the transmitted and demodulated signals
• Bit error rate (BER) and block error rate (BLER)