Where To Find This Example
Select Help > Open Examples... from the menus and type either the example name listed above or one of the keywords below.
Or in Version 13 or higher you can open the project directly from this page using this button. Make sure to select the Enable Guided Help before clicking this button.
Digital to Analog Converter using VSS basic ADC and DAC blocks
This project demonstrates:
1. The use of variables and equations to define the settings of a DAC
2. The splitting of a complex baseband signal with root-raised cosine filtering into it real and imaginary component.
3. The use of the peak-to-average ratio block to measure the peak voltage of the signal. The peak voltage is used to calculate the offset value for the signal scale block.
4. How to make an EVM measurement
5. The use the input imbalance block to simulate amplitude and phase imbalance as well as DC offset on the signal of a mixer.
The EVM is measured in dB. Table “EVM in dB” shows the peak voltage of the signal. The value in this table has to be entered in the box "Calculations for DAC." The spectrum is shown before and after the DAC, as well as an IQ plot.
System Diagram - QPSK Digital to Analog
Graph - REF and Meas IQ
Graph - Spectrum Before and After
Graph - BB_inphase and Analog_inphase
Graph - Peak V test point
|Re(WVFM(TP.Peak_V,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0)) (us) QPSK Digital to Analog Time||Re(WVFM(TP.Peak_V,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0)) QPSK Digital to Analog|
Graph - EVM in dB
|DB(EVM(VSA.M1,1,1,1,1000,1,0,1,0,1,1,10,0,0,0,0,0)) (us) QPSK Digital to Analog Time||DB(EVM(VSA.M1,1,1,1,1000,1,0,1,0,1,1,10,0,0,0,0,0)) QPSK Digital to Analog|