Where To Find This Example
Select Help > Open Examples... from the menus and type either the example name listed above or one of the keywords below.
Or in Version 13 or higher you can open the project directly from this page using this button. Make sure to select the Enable Guided Help before clicking this button.
VSS XML Library Creation
The XML system library will be created by the script Create_XML_Library, included in this project under Scripts/VSS. This project contains several system diagrams that contain elements configured via data files or data from manufacturer data sheets. As an example, the system diagram MiniCircuit LNA contains two elements that were configured using data from the document SAV-541+.pdf from the link below:
A complete list of available amplifiers is available at the same link.
Steps to create the XML file:
Important: The new library will contain an XML file and, optionally, a subfolder with the dependent data files. The XML file and the subfolder will have the same name. Once the script its run, it will prompt the user for the name of the library
1. A subfolder will be created in the XML library for each system diagram.
2. If components are defined for various values of parameters other than frequency, multiple elements will be created in the XML library, one for each value of the parameter. In this case, LNA parameters are defined for various values of VDS (3V and 4V)
3. Rename the system diagram according to its content (MiniCircuit LNA in this example).
4. Add an AMP_F block to the system diagram, change its ID to reflect the vendor name and particular settings, such as VDS in this case. AMP_F will be used for amplifiers with frequency dependent parameters.
5. Create a text data file for this model, name it the same as the component vendor name. Configure the data file as in example by using values for NF, Gain, OIP3 and P1dB in the table in figure 2 of the PDF document.
6. To add a description to the part, add a User Attribute with Name "Part_Descr" (no quotes) and Value the desired description. The description will then be displayed in the Element Browser next to the part.
7. Run project script: Scripts/VSS/Create_XML_Library. User will be prompted to specify the name for a new library or to select an existing one. The file name specified here will be the name that will be used for displaying the library in AWRDE Elements tree. The default location of the library is:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AWR\Design Environment\XX.0\xml\System Blocks
where user is the username in the user's computer and XX.0 is the AWRDE version. A different location may be specified, if needed. Please note that if an existing library is selected it will be rewritten by the script.
An xml file will be created at the specified location. If the library contains dependent data files, they will be stored in a subfolder with the same name in the same folder location; if the subfolder does not exist, it will be created during this process.
7. Once created, the library will appear under the Libraries node in the Elements tree next time AWRDE is started.