This video is located in the E-Learning repository, not in KnowledgeBase.
To get to E-Learning, please login on the E-Learning (Overview) page:
(You can also get to E-Learning by going to the Support Resources tab in the the top menu-bar of the AWR website.)
This five-part video overviews the electromagnetic (EM) simulation capabilities within NI AWR software.
- Part 1 - provides an overview of EM simulation, including types of EM simulators offered in Microwave Office software. It describes the EMSight™ and AXIEM method-of-moments simulators, as well as the Analyst™ finite element method simulator and explains how they work and their strengths and limitations.
- Part 2 - looks at EM simulation in the Microwave Office flow and shows you how to create a project and use a library. The STACKUP blocks for global definitions are described, including material definitions and dielectric layers. Boundary settings and approximate open are also addressed.
- Part 3 - explains STACKUPs and EM layer mapping, which must be set up correctly. You’ll design an EM project using AXIEM simulator.
- Part 4 - you’ll learn about port settings in the AXIEM simulator, as well as the importance of deembedding, how to view the mesh, and how to generate S-parameters and compare them to a model.
- Part 5 - runs through the same example from Part 4 using the EMSight simulator. You’ll create an EMSight project, insert a filter and ports, look at the mesh, and simulate.
- Part 6 - overviews Analyst finite element simulator and demonstrates how to set up the simulator for a simple project. Wave ports and meshing in Analyst are also explained and the final results are compared to the same project in EMSight and AXIEM simulators.
The entire video is approximately 1 hour in length.
This video appears in the E-Learning table of contents as:
New users and/or Core Curriculum - Electromagnetics (EM).