Where To Find This Example
AWR Version 14
AWR Version 13
This example is not available for AWR Version 13 or earlier.
How to transfer a design from AWRDE to Analyst-MP for Eigenmode Simulation
In order to perform a Eigenmode simulation on a EM structure defined in the AWRDE, you need to transfer it to Analyst-MP, and run the simulation in Analyst-MP. Results are also viewed in Analyst-MP.
This example shows how to transfer the Quaterwave_Transformer EM structure from the AWRDE to Analyst-MP.
1. Make the 2D Layout view of the Quarterwave_Transformer EM structure the active window.
2. Choose Layout > Export > EM Socket Data and enter a path to save the exported EMI file.
3. Launch Analyst-MP from the Windows Start menu.
4. On the Structure ribbon, choose Import > Import Entities > Import Entities (SAT, IGES, STEP, etc.)
5. Browse to the EMI file exported earlier and select Open. The structure will be imported complete with materials, boundary conditions, etc.
6. Next, create a new simulation by right-clicking on the Simulations node in the Navigator and choosing New Simulation > 3D Eigenmode (OM3p).
7. A modal simulation setup dialog will appear. Select the Solver tab and modify the Number of Modes to Extract to "2". The simulator will extract up to this many modes above the Shift Frequency value. For this example, the default value of 0.2 GHz is fine for the Shift Frequency. Select OK to close this dialog.
8. To run the simulation, choose Simulate from the Simulation ribbon.
9. The simulation launches and finishes within 1-2 minutes.
10. Once complete, you can view the eigenfrequencies, quality factors, etc. by choosing New Plot from the Simulation ribbon.
11. A plot view displays.
12. To view the fields, switch back to the Structure view by clicking on the Structure view tab or node in the Navigator. In the Structure ribbon choose New Annotation > Field. Choose OK to dismiss the dialog and the annotation will be displayed. You can rotate the view to observe where the peak fields are located. See the Analyst User Guide for more information on advanced post processing (e.g. filters) that can aid in field inspection.
13. To view the fields from the second mode, select Annotation_1 in the Browser tree and in the pane below, change Secondary > Mode Number to "2" and the fields updates.