Page tree

Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

If any of the following apply:

  • you are using a hardware key and need to change keys, or switch to a USB wireless adapter instead.
  • you are an evaluator and need a different evaluation license.
  • you have any questions or concerns about transferring a license.

please contact your regional sales manager, AWR sales representative.

If you are a university student in our preferred university program, you can generate updated licenses here:

There are three types of AWR product licenses: node-locked, floating, and hardware lock (with a separate FLEXID security device). Node-locked and floating product licenses are made for a specific computer's unique HostID (i.e. MAC address or disk serial number), or for the MAC address of a USB wireless adapter connected to the computer. For floating licenses, the HostID is that of the license server. To transfer a node-locked or floating product license to a (license server) computer with a different HostID, you must:

  1. Have a current maintenance contract with AWR.   

  2. Choose your method of submitting your license transfer request:
    1. Log into the AWR website and fill out a web form.  Since you are logged in, we have information about your available licenses and account information to expedite the process.  
    2. Complete the transfer form.   Download it HERE.  Fill out the form and send it back to AWR by following the directions on the form.    

Hardware Wireless adapters and hardware keys can easily be moved to another computer by: attaching the key them to the new PC, installing the software and AWRDE and the driver for the adapter or hardware key driver, and copying the license file to the new PC and configuring it.  Wireless adapters have their own driver software.  See How to install hardware key drivers for more details on setting up hardware keys.