<!--good example showing how to initial condition in HSPICE; thought this would be better demonstrated with pictures and don't really need the example. If you need the project file for any reason go to \svn\buildtests\trunk\buildtests\NetlistImport\HspiceIC.emp -->
I need to set the initial HSPICE simulation voltage (voltage at time=0) for one or more nodes in the circuit
The native HSPICE netlist model "IC" sets the initial (time=0) voltage of a node to the desired value for HSPICE transient simulations. Step by step instructions:
- Right-click Netlists
- Select New Netlist
- Check the box for HSPICE file (native).
- Enter a name (e.g. IC) & click OK.
- Copy the text of the HSPICE netlist in this project into the window
.subckt IC 1 V=0
- Close the window.
- Click on the schematic window
- Select Draw > Add Subcircuit
- Select your IC model.
- Place it in the schematic.
- Double click it.
- Select the Symbol tab.
- You can use the default or the custom symbol. In this example we choose ElectNet@system.syf symbol because it's relatively smaller than the others
- Click OK.
- Connect to the desired node.
- Set the V parameter to the desired voltage.
- This can be simulated with HSPICE only so use HSPICE Trans as the simulator