What does the Phased Array Generator Offer?
- Create Phased Array/MIMO designs using an interactive graphical interface
- Define array geometry using one of the standard configurations or a custom one
- Configure specific RF links and antenna characteristics for all, groups of, or individual elements in the array
- Define standard or custom gain tapers
- Investigate the impact of element failures on the array performance
- Display the array response (radiation pattern) and observe how it changes with various design choices
- Generate VSS designs for the phased array, which can then be used for more detailed simulations using the full suite of measurements, or used as part of a larger system
- Create a model of the designed phased array using a PHARRAY_F block and automatically create its configuration file
- Create a hierarchical structure that models the designed phased array as a set of system diagrams that model and configures all the individual elements of the array, their RF links and antenna elements
- Create a similar hierarchical structure that implements the array using a set of circuit schematics and creates an EM structure for the phased array
Examples and Video
This simple example illustrates a simple 4x4 phased array. The design starts with defining an EM structure for the antenna elements, calculating its radiation pattern and using them for the phased array. A rectangular lattice design is selected, the RF links are defined and assigned to the array elements, along with the antenna element radiation pattern. A Dolph-Chebychev gain taper is selected to provide an array response with reduced sidelobe level. Test drive the project.
How do I use the Phased Array Generator?
The documentation for the Phased Array Generator can be found here.