Getting Setup for Cadence
AWR is not yet fully moved over to Cadence Support so for technical issues, please continue to use:
Please check back on this page periodically as it will be updated as AWR continues integrating into Cadence standard practices.
See sections below for more details.
- Support: AWR Support has fully transitioned to Cadence Online Support for support tickets. Online material is still available at http://kb.awr.com.
- Licensing: If you need an updated license file, please contact Cadence Support and with specific details. It usually helps to provide a copy of your existing license file.
- Downloads: Customers no longer have access to the legacy AWR downloads site, and must use Cadence Downloads.
Registering for Support
AWR has fully migrated over to Cadence Support for technical issues.
See Getting AWR Technical Support for details on how to register with the Cadence Support system.
The legacy AWR Knowledge Base is in the process of migrating to Cadence Online Support, but is still available here: http://kb.awr.com
Cadence will acknowledge a new order even if you have not provided your HOSTID yet. Please do not start making Cadence accounts Do not register for a Cadence account before you know your server HOSTID. The HOSTID is required during registration and is what links your registration to the proper account in order to enable support Support and downloadsDownloads.
For any new products purchased, Cadence will email you a license file. If you are not familiar with Cadence floating license files, please see this article, How is a Cadence license different from an AWR one
See Configure Floating Licenses for details on setting up your floating license server.
At this point in the AWR integration into Cadence, you can download the AWR installers from either the AWR or Cadence download sites. Please review the information below to help you decide what to do:
- If you evaluated the software, you most likely have the latest version of the AWR installation, and you do not need to download anything new. You only need to configure your software to run with your purchased license file. See Configure Floating Licenses. You can run the Help > Check For Update from the AWR Design Environment to see if there is any update available.
- If you know you have an AWR account, you can still use that to access the download page to get the software. https://awrcorp.com/download/login.aspx
- You can create an account on Cadence’s support site, Cadence Support. Please see the Cadence Registration page for details. Make sure you have your license server HOSTID ready as it is necessary as part of the registration. Once you have registered, you can find downloads under the Software Updates/Software Downloads section of the support webpage.
AWR Integration Impact
The following helps describe the state of integration and where you should get information.